- ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- REFEREES + DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEES
- SPORT TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
- Structure of the Select University National Team:
- Structure of delegation – Select University Team
- University players
- Game format of WCoUH 2023
- Tournament structure
- Tournament schedule
- Obligation of the university team / country
- Penalties and sanctions
- Code of ethics
Location: Carta, Romania (https://goo.gl/maps/vXJFxkccjtMzr1fU9)
Participating teams: Select teams from the following university ice hockey leagues -> ACHA, EUHL
Invited Select teams: USA, Canada, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Romania
WCOUH 2023 COMMISSIONSD MANUAL
- ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Tournament Supervisor – Nagy Attila Ferenc
- Chief of the organizing committee – Horvát Tamás
- Török Attila and Bodó Annamária – Accomodation
- Török Attila and Bodó Annamária – Food
- Horvát Tamás, Papp Zsolt – Opening and award ceremony
- REFEREES + DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEES
- Gebei Péter
- Lubomir Jakubec / (EUHA)
- Brian Moran (ACHA)
- Nomination of referees, disciplinary offenses of players and referees
- Training of referees
- in the case of an initiative, checking the identity of the players
- SPORT TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
- Frantisek Sadecky
- Nagy Attila
- Brian Moran
- Control of players (registration – team roster, player registration in the system
- Granting exceptions and decisions
- Control of teams – unification of the same equipment (color, helmets, jerseys, covers)
- After 30.3.2023 players – request / approval for consent to exchange a player on the roster of the university team of the given country
- STRUCTURE OF THE SELECT UNIVERSITY NATIONAL TEAM:
- players – university or college students 18 – 30 years old
- players with the same nationality in which team roster are registered for WCOUH 2023
- the team roster of the university team could have players of the same nationality from the given country only, or in the case of dual citizenship include same country, where the valid document of recognition is a passport
- 20 players + 3 goalies maximum and 15 players + 2 goalies minimum required
- STRUCTURE OF DELEGATION – SELECT UNIVERSITY TEAM
- 23 players + 4 staff
- 2 bus drivers (for the teams which are coming by bus)
- UNIVERSITY PLAYERS
- all players must be current students at any universities or colleges worldwide, full-time and part-time universities, are in a program of regular and legally recognized university studies, or other similar studies recognized by the legal standards of the country of origin they represent, checks and approvals by EUHA, ACHA.
- are holders of a student ID card or a similar document or a confirmation of studies from a college or university,
- are not contractually bound with any professional hockey team
- are not under any contract with hockey agent or sport agency,
- are holders of international health insurance, including sports activities (ice hockey)
- Players who will be nominated for the WCoUH 2023 can be from the university league, or from the lowest amateur competition from any country with the status of an amateur competition + Exceptions.
- all players and staff are obliged to go through the registration system, intended for WCoUH 2023.
Countries that do not have more than two university teams in the EUHL such as (Romania, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland) receive the following exemption:
- Czech Republic: the exception applies to 5 players who currently play in the 3rd highest Czech leagues (2nd League) and meet the seven points above
- Poland: the exception applies to max 10 players from the U20 Poland project who will play in the second highest Polish league or in junior foreign competitions and meet the seven points above
- Hungary: the exception applies to all players currently playing in the 2 highest leagues (Hungarian 2nd League) and meet the seven points above
- Romania: the exception applies to all players currently playing in the 1st top league (Romanian League) and meet the seven points above
- Digital Morawa
- Open registration 01.03.2023 – 30.03.2023 (after only by committee exception)
- roster and insurance of players – responsibility for the university team of the given country (expedition manager) will ensure the approval of the registration of the country’s team to the WCoUH organization, sport technical committee
- GAME FORMAT OF WCOUH 2023
The teams will be divided into two pools with Pool A comprised of USA, Hungary, Slovakia, and Sweden while Pool B will include Canada, Romania, Poland, and Czech Republic. Each team will play three pool games. The format for games played in pool play will be a regulation game consisting of three 20-minute periods of action. Teams winning a pool play game in regulation will be awarded 3 points. If a pool play game is tied at the end of regulation, the teams will play a five-minutes, 3 vs 3 overtime period to determine a winner. PS after 5 minutes
When pool play is completed, the two teams in each pool with the most points will move on to the Semifinals, which will have three 20-minute periods of play followed by sudden death 3 vs 3 overtime period(s) until there is a winner. The two teams that successfully navigate their way through the Semifinals will then compete in the Final on April 19, 2023, for the World Cup of University Hockey 2023.
- TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE:
- 4 games/day
- Starting times for the games for each day:
- 1st game 9:30 (warm up 09:00),
- 2nd game 13:00 (warm up 12:30),
- 3rd game 16:30 (warm up 16:00),
- 4th game 20.00(warm up 19.30).
Group A Group B
HUGARY CZECH REPUBLIC
- TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
WORLD CUP OF UNIVERSITY HOCKEY 2023
Group A – USA – HUN – SVK – SWE
Group B -CAN – CZE – POL – ROM
1st day (14.04.2023):
09:30 CZE – POL
13:00 HUN – SVK
16:30 USA – SWE
20:00 Opening ceremony
20:15 ROM – CAN
2nd day (15.04.2023):
09:30 SVK – SWE
13:00 POL – CAN
16:30 USA – HUN
20:00 ROM – CZE
3rd day (16.04.2023):
09:30 HUN – SWE
13:00 CAN – CZE
16:30 ROM – POL
20:00 USA – SVK
4th day (17.04.2023):
5th day (18.04.2023):
09:30 Semifinal B game 1: A3 vs B4 (5 – 8 teams)
13:00 Semifinal B game 2: A4 vs B3 (5 – 8 teams)
16:30 Semifinal A game 1: A1 vs B2 (1 – 4 teams)
20:00 Semifinal A game 2: A2 vs B1 (1 – 4 teams)
6th day (19.04.2023):
09:30 7th place game (Losers Semifinal B)
13:00 5th place game (Winners Semifinal B)
16:30 Bronze medal game (Losers Semifinal A)
20:00 Final (Winners Semifinal A)
22:30 Award ceremony
- OBLIGATION OF THE UNIVERSITY TEAM / COUNTRY
- Players and goalkeepers must have the same (color) jerseys, caps, sleeves, and helmets
- The home team will play the match in a pale shade of jerseys and the visiting team in a dark shade of jerseys unless the participating parties agree otherwise.
- In case of media participation (TV, Radio, written media, etc.), the teams are obliged to ensure the statement of their representative
- after each WCoUH match, at least one person from the home team and from the visiting team will be interviewed in front of the media wall
- PENALTIES AND SANCTION
- Point 4 – violation of this point – exclusion of the player / disciplinary action
- Point 6 – violation of this point – exclusion of the player / disciplinary action
- Point 12 – violation of this points – exclusion of the player / disciplinary action
- 2 min bench penalty, plus to the locker room and changing or undressing
- notice to the team by the referee referring to this point
- 2 min bench penalty, which will be applied in the next game
- 2 min bench penalty, which will be applied in the next match
- CODE OF ETHICS
I, the undersigned (hereinafter referred to as the “Party”), out of my free and solemn will as expressed in the prescribed form, and in absence of any apparently unfavorable conditions, do hereby declare, to be in agreement with the below provisions:
Party hereby irrevocably forfeits his claim to damages that the Party may incur or be entitled to whether by virtue of agreement or otherwise, or any kind, that the Party or his university team may have suffered directly or indirectly, either bodily, material, as working incapacity or pain or suffering and due to reasons or as consequences of his presence either as competitor or spectator at all and any events organized by the EUHA – European University Hockey Association, with registered office at Považská 35, 91105 Trenčín, Slovak Republic, Organization Charter Number: 42 277 167 (hereinafter referred to as the “EUHA”). Party has read and understood the Manual of the European University Hockey Association and has agreed therewith, the Party undertakes to abide by all and any rules and procedures set therein. Party has been recommended the use of full protective ice hockey gear such as gloves, protectors, helmet, etc.
Party acknowledges and is aware of the fact, that during his participation in the WCoUH – World Cup of University Hockey (hereinafter referred as the “WCoUH”) organized by the EUHA (the Event), the Party may become part of dangerous activities and his participation entails a voluntary assumption of risks with no related liabilities imposed on any third party.
Party hereby confirms that he currently is in possession of a valid personal liability insurance and accident insurance that covers his participation at the Event and thereby holds the organizer, i.e., EUHA free of any responsibilities for the claims raised by any third party in respect of damages caused by the Party. Failure to abide by the above stated provision automatically results in the Party being liable for all resulting damages suffered by the EUHA.
Due to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter referred as the “GDPR”), the Party hereby grants the EUHA the right and permission to record, film and produce media outcomes and use the Party´s name, image, voice, appearance, performance, and biographic material in the following manner:
a) to produce audio-visual and any other work
b) to distribute via television or otherwise in all formats and through all technological processes including access via computer or any other such networks, at any frequency of use and on any media
c) to procure any number of copies by using any technology and to let these copies be used in all commercial and non-commercial ways, especially leading to their sale, exchange, lease, or usage
d) for promotional purposes of the EUHA and its advertising partners in all ways and forms, such as in promotional materials, information media, telex, and Internet
e) to produce other audio-visual works and other works and to use those within the scope defined in this section;
f) to include image or transcribed sound component of audio-visual works and other works in periodicals and non-periodic publications, to reproduce and share via any means
g) to any modification of audio-visual or other works. Should the Party consider the above-mentioned material produced and/or provided by the EUHA a work subject to authorship rights, the Party hereby grants the EUHA the exclusive right to publish and use free of any charge the work in scope for any mode of usage that have been known in the time of signing this Agreement, including the modes of usage still unknown;
h) Party grants the rights in accordance with section g) over the whole effective period of the proprietary rights´ duration; in an unlimited scope; exclusively and in the whole global territory. EUHA shall not be obliged to use the work subject to authorship rights.
Party hereby declares that all information provided by the party in connection with the registration of player through EUHA webpage www.wcouh.org
for the next the WCoUH 2023 – World Cup of University Hockey, (is up to date, true and correct. In the event of changes occurring during the on-going season (especially with regards to medical fitness to play ice hockey), the party will immediately notify the EUHA via the e-mail communication to email address or personally at the address of the EUHA headquarters. Otherwise, the party is exposed to possible negative consequences associated with the timely failure to notify the change of the data, in particular in connection to the obligation to compensate in case of incurred damage.
Party furthermore declares that the party has been duly advised and informed by EUHA of the reasons, means, duration and all other procedural issues related to the processing of the personal data provided in connection with the registration of the players for the WCoUH 2023
WCoUH HOCKEY RULES
- The WCoUH 2023 is registered as a senior competition and therefore only major penalties without automatic game misconduct shall be imposed.
- Neck guard shall be compulsory for all WCoUH 2023 players under the age of 18 years.
- Ear guard attached to helmet shall be compulsory for all WCoUH 2023 players under the age of 18 years.
- A trapezoid designated area behind the net is called “goalkeeper restricted area”, in which the goalkeeper is allowed to play the puck. The determining factor of illegal play shall be the position of the puck. A minor penalty shall be imposed if goalkeeper plays the puck outside the designated area behind the net. Goalkeeper is allowed to play the puck outside the designated area behind the net if they maintain skate or equipment contact with their goal crease.
- A minor penalty shall be imposed if team captain or alternate captain or any other player leaves the bench and gets on the ice to protest referee´s decision.
- No playing coach or playing team manager or team leader shall be permitted to act as captain or alternate captain.
- If a goalkeeper sustains injury, they must be replaced by alternate goalkeeper. Treated goalkeeper is allowed to resume their position only after the next stoppage of play.
- If a goalkeeper is replaced before penalty shot, they are allowed to resume their position only after the next stoppage of play.
- A minor penalty shall be imposed if a player shoots or slides their stick to their teammate.
- A bench minor penalty shall be imposed if a player plays with a stick thrown from the player´s bench or penalty box.
- Goalkeeper is allowed to play with a broken stick. Undamaged goalkeeper´s stick cannot be slid towards the goalkeeper. Replacement goalkeeper´s stick shall be delivered by hand, otherwise a minor penalty or penalty shot (if the stick contacts the puck or restricts the puck´s movement) shall be imposed.
- Bench minor penalty shall by served by an active team player who is not under penalty or is not a goalkeeper.
- During the last five minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime it is allowed to shorten or negate mutual major and minor penalties. The differential will be recorded on the clock as a three minute or one minute penalty.
- In Team A a minor penalty is assessed to player no. 5 and double minor penalty to player no. 10 and at the same time in Team B a minor penalty is assessed to player no. 8. Team A can choose to play 4 minutes down one player or 2 minutes down by two players.
- When a misconduct penalty or match penalty have been assessed to a player, the ensuing face-off shall take place at the nearest face-off spot to where the play was stopped.
- Goalkeeper´s penalty shall be served by a player present on the ice during the offense.
- Referees shall not stop the play for offside or icing. If linesperson cannot perform their duties before stoppage, referee shall take over their duties.
- Referee shall conduct a face-off only at the beginning of the first, second and third period. Any other face-offs shall be conducted by linespersons.
- Linesperson shall stop the play when:
they assume a serious injury was sustained out of the referee´s sight
a goal was scored out of the referee´s sight
Other rights and obligation remain in force.
- At least a major penalty and automatic match penalty shall be assessed to a player for fighting.
- Minor penalty, major penalty, major penalty, and automatic match penalty shall be imposed for pinning a player to the boards.
- Major penalty and automatic match penalty or game misconduct shall be assessed to a player for attack from behind.
- Minor penalty, double minor penalty or game misconduct shall be imposed for high-sticking.
- Double minor penalty shall be imposed for head-butting attempt.
- Minor penalty, double minor penalty or game misconduct shall be imposed for check to the head or neck.
- Double minor penalty shall be imposed for stabbing (butt-ending) attempt.
- Double minor penalty shall be imposed for spearing attempt.
- Late hit call shall not be used individually. Instead, interference shall be called.
- Kicked goal shall be awarded if the puck deflects from the stick of any player on the ice.
- A minor penalty shall be imposed if a goalkeeper leaves their goal crease to overtake attacking player, covers the puck and causes stoppage, or if a goalkeeper deliberately falls on the puck in their goal crease when not being attacked by an opposing player.
- Defending team that unintentionally moves their goal net shall not perform line change and ask for time out. Attacking team shall choose the face-off spot.
- Defending team, whose attacking player shoots puck to the end zone from their side of the center red line causing the play to be stopped by opposing goalkeeper saving the attempt, shall not perform line change and ask for time out. Attacking team shall choose the face-off spot.
- Minor penalty shall be imposed to player for winning face-off with hand (classified as hand pass).
- Stoppage and subsequent face-off at the nearest spot shall be conducted after a hand pass or high-sticking is followed by teams refusing to play with the puck.
- Attacking team shall choose the face-off spot in the attacking zone at the beginning of a power play or after icing.
- The blue line shall be considered a 3D object when crossing the blue line (towards the attacking zone) and determining offside.
- If an attacking player shoots the puck outside the rink, the ensuing face-off shall be in their attacking zone. If any player in any zone causes the puck to get outside the rink the ensuing face-off shall be at the spot nearest to where the puck was shot from or rebounded.
Team ranking (descending) shall be determined by total number of points awarded in the regular part of main pool. The best team shall be awarded the most points, whereas the worst team shall be awarded the least points. In a tie, the ranking shall be determined by the following:
- difference in total score
- number of goals scored
- sum of points from mutual games
- difference between partial score from mutual games,
- number of goals scored in mutual games,
Registration: LOS-RosterImportTemplate_EN_EUHA_sample (extra attachment form)
Chief of the organizing committee,